Concert on a Wing, ConcertOnAWing, Wing Concert, WingConcert, Tsubasa, Ongakukai, Konsato, TsubasaNoOngakukai, TsubasaNoKonsato
ConcertOnAWing.com (and WingConcert.com)
Live Concerts From a Wing of a Jetliner Home.
Superb music and events rendered from a wing of a scintillating aerospace home. 日本語
● 22 and 23 June 2019: Turbulence Live. Live concert dance parties.
Dance to live wing concerts starring Yuko Pomily and other artists and explore several nook events within the surrounding forest with a few hundred of your civilized but fun loving Portland Metro area friends and neighbors. Costume attire and accouterments thoroughly welcome. Food and drink available for purchase on site.
These are robust and substantial ticketed events managed by MurderBoat Productions.
● 20, 21, 24, or 25 June 2019: 魅力的。Possibly one or two modest Yuko Pomily satellite performances. (Other artists are welcome too.)
If held the specific dates and times probably won't be set until shortly beforehand - perhaps only a day before. So please monitor this site closely for updates.
The first are highly informal equipment check and modest length warmup performances which mix preparation work and socializing in an intimate setting. The last are modest length informal farewell performance socials. Tickets aren't needed, everyone's welcome, and guests may visit for an extended time. There's no charge but a zero obligation voluntary contribution box might be available. (If so $10 or less is best, and no more than $20 please.)
● 29 June 2019: Portland Weird Homes Tour home. (Alternate site.)
● 6 and 7 September 2019: Dance parties. Details to come.
For Yuko-san's 魅力的 satellite events: Please carpool when practical. You're welcome to arrive early to tour my home, socialize, lounge, or pitch in with various tasks. And you're welcome to visit well into the evening.
Direct from Tokyo, Yuko-san is Japanese and sings almost solely in Japanese, so many won't understand her words. But her heart and the beauty and fun of her art are universal so language wall notwithstanding her music and passion are genuinely exhilarating and a deeply heartwarming treat. Translation for informal conversations will likely be available.
A fountain of gleaming charm and creative skill with a beautiful transparent heart, Yuko-san truly stirs the soul. Her three albums (plus a forth later) are available at CD Baby (Happy Rhythms, Dreaming, Pomiano), iTunes, and many other distributors.
"Yuko Pomily-san magically leverages the core power of music by creating a uniquely direct path from her pure heart to ours. Her voice is beautiful and clear and she sings straight from the heart with remarkable clarity about our mutual life experiences. She renders our joys, sorrows, fun, and adventures with imaginative, beautiful, and highly engaging original music which connects to us with truly rare intimacy. Her music is superbly artistic and compelling, her heart pure and wise, and her messages are clear, articulate, and striking reflections of genuine human experience and passion. Once hooked on Pomily-san we become fans for life - she's a Cosmic Treasure and not to be missed." Updated from CDBaby.com / Bruce Campbell.
June weather information isn't available yet. But please dress as recommended in notes two and three below and be prepared for chilly conditions due to my dense forest environment.
Guest Information and Requirements
(Updated 24 March 2019 JST.)
1. All guests must carefully review and agree to all the safety, legal, logistics, and other information on the AirplaneHome.com visitor's information page prior to arrival. Children must be managed accordingly at all times.
2. This is both a highly informal rural forest setting and a long term construction site. Please wear practical country clothing. Athletic shoes such as tennis or running shoes are best for outdoor footwear. All guests must remove their outdoor shoes as they enter my aircraft. Slippers are available if desired.
3. My aircraft is heavily shaded by surrounding forest so it's often quite chilly or cold inside, but can also become hot during sunny periods. So I recommend layered clothing to provide much more warmth than you expect will be necessary but with the option of removing layers so you can adjust to your ideal comfort level.
4. Artists normally perform on my right wing but if conditions are cold or damp my aircraft's cabin might be utilized instead. For wing events guests may enjoy the performances in the grassy area in front of the wing but adjacent forest areas are available too. Outdoor chairs are not provided and only about 22 indoor seats are available so you might wish to take portable chairs for sitting or blankets for picnic style lounging on the grass or similar. To enhance safety guests won't normally be allowed on either wing nor in certain other areas.
5. Food and drink is usually available for purchase during major events but not provided during small events. In either case guests may take and consume food or drink if doing so doesn't unreasonably disturb other guests. Alcohol consumption must be carefully limited to insure sufficient sobriety for full safety and civility at all times.
6. Cigarette smoking is not allowed anywhere on my grounds due to forest fire danger and for the health and comfort of other guests. Guests who smoke will be directed to cease and might be expelled from the event sans any compensation.
7. E-Cigarette use (vaping) is allowed outside my aircraft but please be respectful of the health and comfort of other guests. If a serious annoyance arises the guest responsible might be directed to cease use. E-Cigarette use is not allowed inside my aircraft.
8. Major events require bus shuttles from Hillsboro or Portland or both. Limited forest area parking is available on my site for the Portland Weird Homes Tour and small events. Vehicles are usually guided by event staff or signs to a parking location. Please use your smallest available vehicle as space and maneuvering room is modest. If overflow conditions occur neighboring property might be available, necessitating a minimum 15 minute walk or a longer duration shuttle ride.
9. Please arrive early, especially when conditions are wet. Delays due to parking or shuttle logistics might arise.
10. For indoor events guests might be asked to listen to an emergency exit tutorial, and might be asked to participate in an emergency exit practice exercise. Wing exits require some physical fitness to negotiate.
11. All personal devices must be set to quiet mode during small or intimate performances. If a phone conversation is necessary please move well away from audience areas before starting your conversation.
12. Please don't treat the safety warnings lightly. They're not simply an exercise in legal posturing - serious dangers really exist here. Enjoy yourselves but remain fully vigilant and safely sober at all times.
13. Please contact me or MurderBoat Productions if you're interested in supporting these events.
14. These events may be publicized on other sites or in alternate media so long as reasonable accuracy is maintained, ConcertOnAWing.com is clearly shown so people will know where to find full information, and my media publication terms are honored.
Artists: Contact AirplaneHome.com or MurderBoat Productions.
Some previous performance history.
Information updated without notice. Please monitor this site for the latest information.
Yuko Pomily: Uniquely superb original music by a truly remarkable young composer and performer. Purchase her magic.
The near term stage: A Boeing 727-200 Home
The next stage: AirplaneHome v2.0
NoSpam Notice: UCE (spam) or any unsolicited subscription based email distributed on an "opt out" basis is absolutely prohibited. Do not ever send any such email to any ConcertOnAWing.com nor WingConcert.com address.
Concert on a Wing, ConcertOnAWing, Wing Concert, WingConcert, HikoukiIe, Hikouki Ie, Hikouki No Ie, AirplaneHome, Airplane Home, Aircraft Home, Boeing 727 Ie, Boeing 727-200 Ie, Boeing 727 Home, Boeing 727-200 Home, Boeing Home, Airplane House, Aircraft House, Boeing 727 House, Boeing House. UCECage@AirplaneHome.com. Report mail misconduct to UCE@FTC.gov.